40 Day Focus 2010 - Day One!

Last night, I saw my first Christmas-lit house of the season. Another time, another year, I would have grumbled “It’s not even Thanksgiving yet! Too early for twinkling lights.”

.
Last year, I well remember the day I uttered “Only 40 more days until Christmas!” It was a joke before it came out of my mouth. It was my mission after.



Throughout history, from Noah to Moses to Jonah to Jesus, God has used 40-day periods to accomplish His purposes. Even in this century, Pastor Rick Warren influenced millions with his 40-day plan, The Purpose Driven Life.
.
Well, 40 days from today is..... Christmas Day! How will your next 40 days be spent? Blessed..... or stressed?
.
We are approaching a period of time that each year is often filled with anxiety rather than peace. This may be a deliberate attempt of the enemy of our souls to distract us from the glorious truth that God came from heaven to earth so that God and sinner could be reconciled.
.
So, believing that God can do amazing things in your life over the next 40 days, I am sharing a challenge with you - that together we can each have a revival in our personal lives and can influence those around us to draw close to God as well.

My desire is not that you get into the Christmas spirit.....

but that you be filled with the Holy Spirit.


As you know, I don't usually post more than 2 times per week because I don't want to flood your inbox and because I don't want to drive my family or myself crazy to write more than that. However, as part of my 2nd annual “40 Day Focus,” I will be posting every day for the next 40 days! Why and how will I do this?
.
Why?
I want to partner together with you in this challenge to use these next 40 days as a time for renewal, restoration and revival. I will share devotions as well as practical tips to redeem this time as preparation for our coming King.
.
How?
Each day I will share either:
- Something old - a previous post of mine
- Something new - a newly written post
- Something borrowed - shared from another writer
- Nothing blue - all posts will be uplifting, motivating, encouraging, useful!
.
So far, 14 fellow writers have joined me to share their wit and wisdom for the next 40 days. I know you'll be impacted by their gifted prose.
.

Will you join me in the 40 day challenge?
Will you commit to redeeming this time?
Will you let me know so that I can pray for you during this time?
Will you share your insights with me and my readers by leaving a comment.
Will you encourage others to walk this 40 day journey with us?
.
Lord, may those reading this today be encouraged to take this challenge with me and commit the next 40 days to draw closer to You, to not be influenced by the stresses in their world, to be blessed rather than stressed, to redeem this time, to glorify You with their words and their deeds.
.
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

1 comment:

quietspirit said...

Susan:
God takes our efforts and mould them to His liking and then gives us a mission/ministry to do. I believe this is what happened to you last year. Yes, I will be reading your entries.