Here's the update....

Dear friends,
Tomorrow, I will be posting every day for the 40 days leading up to Christmas. Before that series begins, I want to provide a little update and thank you all for your prayers on behalf of my family.

I had started a series of "people posts" based on some special people in my life who through their character or circumstances exemplify a particular God-given identity. Because of the whirlwind of events of the last month, that series is on a little hiatus. I have 10 more to be published, so look for that series to continue in the new year.

As for the family issues - after nearly 7 weeks of hospital-to-rehab-to-hospital-to-rehab, my dad got his green band on Tuesday, my stepmom's birthday. No present could have been better. With the green wristband, my dad was able to surprise her by joining her and their friends for a night out. Of course, the frantic call I received that night from the charge nurse saying that they couldn't find my dad was more than a little comical. And the best news is that he is able to go home on Monday. He stills needs physical therapy, but he's on the mend. His doctor thinks he has 9 lives!

My mom fell on the street in NYC, and is now in rehab for healing from 2 fractured pelvic bones. She's so active that this is a real setback for her. The last 2 weeks jumped from one nightmare to another. It's amazing how many additional complications arise from being immobile. But fortunately, on Thursday she began making exceptional progress. It's still a long road ahead, but there's light at the end of the tunnel now - and it's NOT an oncoming train!

My daughter is still a girl in search of a diagnosis. She's been pricked and prodded and been through more tests than most girls her age. We have another appointment on Tuesday. The good news is that diseases, parasites, bacteria have all been ruled out. For Lauren, it's the "not-knowing" that is a struggle. Fortunately, we have trust in an "all-knowing" God!

I thank you for your prayers, emails and calls. All I can say is a quote I heard many years ago -
"The will of God will never lead you where the grace of God cannot keep you."
Paul says, "His grace IS sufficient." That means it IS [present tense] enough. It grows to meet the need. It always is enough.

Blessings to you, my friends,
Susan

1 comment:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Susan -

I'm glad to hear your Dad is making progress. We'll continue to pray for your Mom and Lauren.

Blessings,
Susan :)