Life Without Limbs - Nick Vujicic
- If you've prayed for a miracle and God doesn't give you the miracle, you be a miracle for someone else.
- D.I.S. = when you "dis" someone, it's not a good thing.
D = demon
I = inspired
S = suggestions
as in: DIScouragement, DISillusionment, DISpair, DISsatisfied...
- Put your faith, not in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- If He told you everything, you'd never be in a position to walk by faith.
- When the world says you're not good enough, get a second opinion.
- When a mum wants her kids for dinner, she calls, "COME!" The kids say, "I'm coming..." Then repeat it over again 2 - 3 times. When God calls you, don't say "I'm coming..." Say "Here I am!"
- How can you be Jesus' hands and feet when you don't have arms or legs?
Nick was so dynamic and powerful a speaker that I completely lost sight of his lack of limbs. Perched on a table, he shuffled back and forth as he spoke. When he was finished, the lights went off the table and on the next speaker. In the dark, he waited, and I watched, wondering how he’d get off that table. While all eyes (except mine) were on the next speaker, a man silently came up to the table, wrapped his arms around Nick’s torso, picked him up and carried him away like a sack of laundry with a head popping out. The humility of his being carried away like that spoke volumes to my breaking heart. This man had wowed the crowd. He was both hysterically funny and dramatically poignant, holding the audience completely enrapt. Yet in his weakness, he needed the help of another just to exit the stage. And it occurred to me that God wants us to be reduced to allow others to meet us in our weakness, and He will carry us. You can subscribe to his newsletter and read about his amazing ministry.
“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:7
Here are some of the links to watch Nick yourself:
The Butterfly Circus movie (20 minutes - bring tissues!)
Nick Vujicic - Greg Laurie Interview (21 minutes)
No arms, No legs, No worries (9 minutes)
Shows Nick swimming, cooking, grooming, daily activities
I Love Living Life. I Am Happy. (7 minutes)
Motivational clip of Nick speaking to youth
Nick Vujicic' s Official Website