One Word for 2013


My friend, Elise, recently shared a post about her “one word” for 2012. I discovered I may be a little late joining the "One Word" bandwagon, but I think it’s a great idea, one that I think I can actually commit to long term.

Rather than making a list of resolutions with little hope of lasting, I look forward to having one word as a theme to carry me through the year in all aspects of life.

And for 2013, I’m stealing Elise’s word because I believe it’s a perfect one for me this coming year. Her word – and now mine – is NOW.

Lauren's Christmas gift to me - my word for 2013!

I chose this word because:
I want to SAVOR the NOW
I don’t want to miss the present because I’m worrying about the future or reliving the past. I want to relish the time spent with friends and family, at work and play, at rest or in activity.

I want to DO it NOW
I admit it. I procrastinate. I often have great intentions that never materialize into anything worthwhile because I put off the initial step. Like making that phone call or sending a card. Like choosing to write rather than lose myself in reading or research. Like starting a project rather than imagining it finished. I want to take the action rather than the distraction. 


For more info on the "One Word" approach, check out these worthwhile links:

Jon Gordon’s post “One Word that Will Change Your Life”:

Melissa Fedderson on her word for 2013:

Melanie at Only A Breath is sharing her gift of making free blog graphic/buttons:

Debbie at Heart Choices shared her word for this year and the past 2 years:

And the ONE WORD 365 community:

Valuable tips on choosing your one word:



Will you leave a comment with YOUR word for 2013?
.

6 comments:

Diane Estrella said...

Perfect word to always keep in our forefront! :O)

quietspirit said...

Thank you for the links. I chose the word 'trust' last year. This year my word is 'grace.'

Maude Carolan Pych said...

Susan, I haven't come up with a word yet, but when I feel like postponing something, I'm going to think of your word, "Now!"

Our Stories God's Glory said...

Well my 2012 Word was NOW and my 2013 Word is CHANGE! It came to me yesterday after quite a bit of seeking. Now it's meaning will unfold...

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, I love your word. Very wise!

Mine is GRATITUDE. Thanks for asking!

Debbie Petras said...

Now is a good word for 2013 Susan! Too often we don't savor the now moments until we look back. Why not enjoy in the present? My word for 2013 is surrender.

Blessings and love,
Debbie