Pray With ______________ .



A few weeks ago, I shared a post called Healing Faith. I have been praying for your requests as you have, and God has already answered. Amen!

Recently, my dear friend Lisa and I were texting. Her text asked me how things were going, and I texted back a prayer request. Her simple response was

"praying with expectation..."

I love that response. She prayed with the assurance that our prayers are not merely words floating like gossamer clouds through the atmosphere. They are known by our God even before we voice them. If He instructs us to pray, we can expect that He will hear and answer.  

Tonight in doing some research for my book, I came across some great quotes about prayer that I want to share with you. Enjoy!

The value of consistent prayer is not that He will hear us, but that we will hear Him. ~William McGill

We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties. ~Oswald Chambers

What we usually pray to God is not that His will be done, but that He approve ours. ~Helga Bergold Gross

We must move from asking God to take care of the things that are breaking our hearts, to praying about the things that are breaking His heart. ~Margaret Gibb

Before we can pray, "Lord, Thy Kingdom come," we must be willing to pray, "My Kingdom go." ~Alan Redpath

Prayer is exhaling the spirit of man and inhaling the spirit of God. ~Edwin Keith

Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden. ~Corrie ten Boom

Prayer is not merely an occasional impulse to which we respond when we are in trouble: prayer is a life attitude. ~Walter A. Mueller

Prayer may not change things for you, but it for sure changes you for things. ~Samuel M. Shoemaker


Call on God, but row away from the rocks. ~Indian Proverb
 
 
Did one speak to you? 

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning, I lay my request before You and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
 

8 comments:

Cheri Bunch said...

Hi Susan,
They all spoke to me. I needed this message right now! Thank you for sharing these powerful truths. Blessings on your writing.

Love you,
Cheri,
ps. One of my favorite verses is Psalm 5:3 NIV. I needed to be reminded of it.

quietspirit said...

Susan:
I enjoyed reading the quotes. Do you keep a notebook of them? One of the craft books I am studying says to. I have a steno notebook I have started for this purpose.

Maria said...

Thanks!

Lisa said...

Amen!

GOD IS SO GOOD. LOVE THAT WE ARE DOING LIFE TOGETHER!

LISA

Kathleen said...

AWESOME message, thanks!

Maria said...

just the words I have been searching for, this has helped me so much Susan

Love Psalm 5:3 it speaks volumes!

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

Thanks so much. I was particularly drawn to the one about prayer being a life attitude. The Bible says to pray without ceasing. We know that it is not possible to be on our knees 24/7. What is being said is to stay in a spirit of prayer. A lifestyle of open communion with the Lord. Very good thoughts on prayer. God bless you as you do your research. Can you recommend a good agent for a Christian writer?

Jean said...

Beautifuil reminders of eternal truths. They all spoke to me, Susan, but I'm drawn o "inhaling the spirit of God."

Blessings,
Jean