Fearless by Max Lucado

Fear has been a constant companion all my life. To me, it is like the threshold in a doorway. It prevents me from going further. When I was little, I remember being afraid of participating in a pillow fight my dad was having with my little sister. I stood silently at the entrance to the room, even after they invited me to join them. I still find that it is fear that prevents me from moving forward.


So when I was given the opportunity to review the new Max Lucado book, Fearless, I jumped at the chance.


We live in a world of turmoil and unrest. People everywhere are facing real fearsome situations: economic crisis, terrorism, health issues. “Every season seems to bring fresh reasons for fear.” Other people (like me) have unrealistic fears like pillow fights, phobias, worries for the sake of worry.

In Fearless, Max Lucado addresses all these issues with life stories and Biblical wisdom. He challenges us to trust more and fear less. And he provides the tools to accomplish this. Each chapter focuses on a different aspect of fear including the fear of “not mattering”, the fear of worst-case scenarios, the fear of global calamity, the fear of death, the fear of disappointing God. Fearless challenges us to imagine our life without fear, wholly untouched by angst. “What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats?”


The book is such an easy read, yet with such a compelling message. It empowers me as the bride of Christ to choose to allow my Bridegroom to carry me over that threshold, past that fear, leave it behind and enter into a place of peace, living a life free of fear.

For more information on Fearless, visit Thomas Nelson Publishing.

No comments: