Recipe - Sweet Potatoes you'll love!

Hey, ladies! Thanksgiving is around the corner! It is my favorite holiday, and usually I'm the cook (to the delight of my kids!). Everyone brings something - a soup or dessert, but the main course is all mine! During the year, I just love, love, love trying new recipes, but on Thanksgiving, I tend to stick to the tried and true. How about you?

I'm sharing with you 3 of my "famous" sweet potato recipes. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving recipe? Would you share it? You can respond by posting a comment or sending me an email (& I'll post it as your comment).

Connie's Mashed Sweet Potatoes
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 stick melted butter

Topping:
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350o.
Combine the first 6 ingredients. Mix well.
Place in casserole dish. Cover with topping.
(I use a low casserole and double the topping! Yum!)
Bake 30-35 minutes at 350o.

Seena's Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
Boil 7 lbs. of yams 20 minutes. Cool and peel.
Mash up cooked sweet potatoes.
Add 1 can crushed pineapple (drained).
Place in casserole dish.
Cover top of potatoes with large marshmallows.
Place under broiler and watch carefully
until toasted brown, but not burnt.
(Can omit pineapple, or use above mixture.)
Sometimes, I cover half with above nut mixture and bake
(covering the exposed potatoes with foil),
then put the marshmallows on the other half & broil
(or use 2 smaller casseroles- same potatoes, different topping).

Joan's Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts
1 large can of yams (I use cooked fresh yams, cut into 2 inch slices)
1 stick margarine
1 cup chopped walnuts (I use pecans - I'm allergic to walnuts)
1 cup light Karo syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar

In a large fry pan, melt margarine.
Add syrup, brown sugar and nuts.
When all is dissolved, add the drained yams and heat.


BON APPETIT!!

Susan

No comments: